Thursday, January 13, 2011
This is pretty much what I started seeing yesterday afternoon. I was working on typing and writing and suddenly realized I was having a hard time reading... and when I tried focusing on the words - half the word was missing. This "hole" in my vision was on the bottom left side to begin with, but was getting larger. At first, I thought I had just been staring at the computer too long and needed to walk around for a bit.
So I did. I went in the sanctuary and closed my eyes for a few minutes... thinking it would pass. Pretty soon, I heard Pastor Penny looking for me. So, I got up, turned around and walked toward her - alarmed that I was suddenly very dizzy AND I could only see half of her face! Yowsers!
Before she asked me her question I told her what was going on. She demanded I call a doctor right away.
I spent the next hour talking to nurses and my opthamologist. They collectively decided this was a new symptom for my migraines. I should go home, take ibuprofen, and lay down. My hubby had to leave work early to drive me home (I was way too dizzy and nauseous to drive myself). And he graciously did.
The migraine pain came on full force once I got home. But I slept well last night and the pain is gone today - just still a little dizzy and nauseous once in a while.
My friend, Diane, told me this sounded like the ocular migraines she's had in the past - so I looked it up. For the most part, sounds like that is what it was. Good to know. Hope I never have one again!
Just for kicks, I'm going to my eye doctor this afternoon for a check up. I'm due anyway and it will give me a little peace of mind. Oh brother. What a crazy day!
Things I am thankful for today:
1. My vision!
2. An understanding - and concerned - boss.
3. A loving hubby.
4. Working from home most of today.
5. Waking up with "Skidamarink-a-doo" in my head. Remember singing that in the car Em and Mom?
6. A clean bill of health for my eyes.
7. The hubby driving me to work again tonight. So sweet. (And he cleaned off my snowy car, cleaned my windows, and put windshield wiper fluid in my car. Thanks, babe!)
8. A yummy new tuna steak recipe!
9. Interesting, feisty conversations with the hubby tonight. Politics, values, etc.
10. Looking forward to tomorrow - headache free and with normal eyesight!