"Act with kindness, but do not expect gratitude."
"There is much to be said for uncomplicated motivations. Less is more. Do what you mean and mean what you do. There's no point in cluttering up a perfectly good gesture with a bunch of excess expectations."
--Mina Parker, "Less is More"
We started a new small group tonight, based on the book, "The Conspiracy of Kindness" by Steven Sjogren. The whole idea is about sharing our faith through actions. Intentional, unexpected actions. Actions that inspire people to ask, "why are you doing this?" So that we can simply say, "to show you God's love in a practical way. That's all!"
Fits right in with some of my other goals for this year - and apparently is intriguing to many others! We have about 12 people signed up for the 7-week group. Very cool!
We had some great discussion tonight about what it means to show love through actions - and our expectations when we do. I think it's funny I read the above quotes tonight - they perfectly reflected our discussion!
I can't wait to see how the next 7 weeks develop: how we begin to view sharing our faith together through these acts, the things we'll brainstorm for our own community, and the little "practice" assignments we'll do throughout the study! I think it will be a lot of fun! And a great way to bring our community together.
What are you up to tonight?
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Working from home.
2. Having lunch with the hubby before he left for a long weekend.
3. Brussel Sprouts. Whoa. I made them for the first time last night - and I liked them!
4. A great group tonight - everyone was very supportive of one another.
5. Seeing a friend at Target tonight - fun to catch up.
6. It's nice to have the dog at home, ready to greet me when the hubby is away.
7. Indian food for dinner. YUM.
8. Curling up in bed with a book - a rare luxury.
9. A great workout.
10. Plans to go out tomorrow night!