"Tis the gift to be simple. tis the gift to be free, tis the gift to come down where you ought to be, and when we find ourselves in the place just right, twill be in the valley of love and delight." --Elder Joseph Brackett
I'm beginning to think about the New Year and what it means for me this year. I've never been much into resolutions... But I like the idea of striving for some kind of improvement in my daily life. This past year, I've strived for a daily moment of reading and concentrating on gratefulness - which I will surely continue, as it has given my life a whole new outlook and beauty!
I think this coming year, 2010, I will continue to strive for simplicity. There is a freedom and joy in a simple way of living, I think. So, I've bought two new devotionals books to begin reading in daily to help me focus on this goal. And I'm really looking forward to it! I hope you'll join me on the journey!
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Eggs, bacon and toast for breakfast!
2. Girl talk.
3. Staying in my pjs til 3pm.
4. Going out with Amanda and Emily - so fun!
5. A burger at Bryant Lake Bowl - delish!
6. Our yearly music "swap" - always fun to get new music!
7. Free parking downtown.
8. Appetizer leftovers for lunch... We just don't quit.
9. People returning their cookie tins for a refill next year!
10. Friends. Gotta love them.
Nebraska and After
7 hours ago