Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas

"If, as Herod, we fill our lives with things, and again with things; if we consider ourselves so unimportant that we must fill every moment of our lives with action, when will we have the time to make the long, slow journey across the desert as did the Magi? Or sit and watch the stars as did the shepherds? Or brood over the coming of a child as did Mary? For each of us, there is a desert to travel. A star to discover. And a being within ourselves to bring to life."
--Author Unknown, found in A Simple Abundance

Merry Christmas - and 'God bless us, every one"!!!

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Another snowy day to stay with family.
2. Deciding not to travel today - but take a longer weekend next weekend.
3. Mom's yummy baked french toast!
4. Stocking stuffers - always fun and silly.
5. A game of "May I."
6. Taste-testing yummy candy bars.
7. Watching the dogs play in the snow.
8. Munching on leftovers. (A favorite new treat - Bourbon Balls. Yum!)
9. Talking to my sister in Alaska. Ha ha ha. Em, you knew you wouldn't get through Christmas without being reminded of this ornamant, right?
10. Trying yummy Alaskan meats (in jerky or sausage form)- caribou, ox, reindeer, moose, salmon... Crazy! Thanks, Em!
11. My Santa. This was an art project I did in 10th grade - I dedicated and gave it to my dad, since he was my Santa. This year they gave him back, now that I have a house of my own to hang it in. I love it. A great gift!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I've always LOVED that Santa. You're so lucky to have it again!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin