"Behind every joyful Christmas season are busy hands and loving hands that make the memories, then pack it all up for next year, when once again they'll have the joy of unpacking the memories again."
--Sandy Lynam Clough
Church today was very quiet and very few people... But so nice to be there. After all of the celebrations, food, parties, gifts, and festivities, to return to where the celebration began. To be reminded one last time of the true reason for the season. To once again wish our faithful friends a "Merry Christmas."
I always have a hard time realizing Christmas is over... You build up to it for so long, that when the last gift is unwrapped, the last morsel of leftovers consumed, and the naps begin... It makes me sad...
Although... We will be leaving out Christmas decorations up for a week past New Year's this year for a small dinner party... And I guarantee that I will be listening to Christmas music for a little bit longer... I need to ease out of the Holiday mindset!
I hope you're enjoying this Sabbath day of rest. Re-couping from the festivities and reflecting on the joy and blessings! I know I am!
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Church. It's a home for me.
2. The "Unwanted Gift Exchange" at church - so funny.
3. A nice long nap.
4. Making a warm, yummy, healthy soup to round out the holiday gluttony!
5. Amanda gets here tonight!
6. Talking til 1:30am by the fire with an old girlfriend.
7. A gift of red stars for my house! (The hubby says 'no more red, and no more stars.' Gotta love a girlfriend's gifts!)
8. Funny responses on Facebook to the post about our neighbors cutting the wires on our Christmas lights. At least we can laugh about it!
9. The hubby helping to get the house ready for company.
10. Groceries. It's been awhile!
One-Pot Chicken Pesto Pasta by Erica
2 days ago