Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Polar Express

"Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see."

"This bell is a wonderful symbol of the spirit of Christmas - as am I [Santa]. Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart."Last night, the hubby had plans after work... So I indulged in an evening to myself. A plate of sushi, a glass of wine, my jammies and slippers, a cuddly soft blanket... and the movie "Polar Express." I'm a dork, I know. But it was an incredibly relaxing and uplifting evening!

I love this movie and it's message of belief, of Christmas being in your heart, of the simplest gifts meaning the most. I have a "Polar Express" sleighbell that sits on my dresser throughout the holiday season - and every once in a while I ring it... Just to make sure!
If you haven't seen the movie yet - please do. It's beautiful visually and in story - and exciting and funny, too!

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Christmas movies!
2. Over sleeping... bad idea, but much needed.
3. A surprise from the hubby in my fridge! (Grilled cheese fondue from the Herkimer!)
4. A few moments last night to read one of my favorite books.
5. Finding a recipe to make a special treat for my dad for Christmas Eve...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin