1. Last Friday was my 6-month check up at the doctor. No - that's not my favorite... But I got the results today - and all is well! (I had a scare 18 months ago - and am still doing follow-ups. So I get a little nervous each time I have to go again...)
2. Last Sunday, my youngest sister Kayla surprised me by inviting me to go see the musical "In the Heights" with her - at the last minute! What a fun way to spend the afternoon -great performance, great seats, great company!
3. This is Cookie Extravaganza week! A few years ago, I started making LOADS of cookies and making cookie tins to give to friends, family, co-workers, etc... and the tradition is continuing! I've made 8 kinds of treats so far (2 batches a night)... another 6 to go. My kitchen is consumed by flour, sugar and butter - but it's so fun to see people's reactions when they get them!
4. Wednesday's snow storm allowed me to work from home - cuddled up on the couch in my pjs by the fire most of the day. Splendid! I needed that!
5. Tonight I'm meeting up with friends at church for a potluck dinner and a Christmas movie! A fun way to end the week - good food, good friends, and a fun movie!
And now... things I am thankful for today:
1. A cozy office on these super cold days.
2. A voice mail from my almost 2 year old niece - "Hi Annie May" (That's Hi, Auntie Meg!)
3. Trying a new sweet recipe - and loving them! Check out Pioneer Woman's chocolate truffles with sea salt. Yum!
4. Going to see one of my youth group kids perform with his choir at Mall of America this morning. So fun!
5. Coming home to take an hour long nap!
6. The nice man at the gas station that helped me pump my gas when the pump was broken!
7. Having a vender at Mall of America tell me I was beautiful - I know it was all a ploy to get my business... But it still feels nice...
8. A warm car.
9. Lotion. Goodness - you can tell it's winter!
10. The movie, "Polar Express." I love it.