Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Two Lives

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."
--Joseph Campbell

What a great quote as we approach the beginning of a New Year!

How many times have we planned out every step, every moment, every path, and every breath - to get to where we think we should be?

And how many times do we allow ourselves to be led - by fate, by the Spirit, or by dreams we aren't even aware of having?
In this New Year... as I seek Simplicity in my daily life, I'm going to ask for guidance and wisdom from the Spirit... I'm going to be open to what life has in store for me - things I may never have dreamed of! And I'm going to experience the life that is waiting for me!

Things I am thankful for today:

1
. A leisurely morning with Amanda, before she had to leave...
2. A productive day at work.
3. Coming home early.
4. Enjoying a quiet night at home, before we leave for Milwaukee tomorrow.
5. Watching the "Kennedy Centers Honors" program - so good!
6. A performance involving Ben Harper, Eddie Veder, and Sting. Be still my heart.
7. Leftover soup. A healthy respite before our holiday eating continues.
8. Watching the dog try to curl up in her new dog bed. So funny.
9. Being packed and ready to go.
10. The hubby.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin