Now I do the same thing.
The hubby and I have quite the assortment of ornaments from our childhood, gifts from our parents and friends, homemade, store bought, twinkly, old-fashioned, recycled, and brand new. Each one has a story. Many of them we forget about throughout the year - and they are a surprise and joy to unwrap again!
Here's a few of my favorites:
(We love moose - isn't he cute?!)
(This isn't an ornament - but it's a favorite decoration. My mom gave us this table runner a couple of years ago. It's Scandinavian - little Santas or gnomes - I think they're cute!)
There's lots more fun ornaments - I'll share more as I get good pictures of them!
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Sleeping in a bit.
2. Instant Starbuck's coffee - made at home - just as good!
3. Going to the Craft-O-Rama in Minneapolis last night. Cool local crafts! Here's my favorite... If only I had a place to wear a sock puppet dress to... It was awesome!
4. Afterwards, we met some really cool ladies for dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Yum! (I didn't get a picture of Heather and Beth because I don't feel I know them well enough to shove a camera in their face quite yet... BUT these are two of the coolest ladies I know! They are so genuine, warm, real, and fun - I just love being around them.) So here's the hubby and I at the restaurant, just goofing around while we waited for them to arrive!
5. After dinner, the hubby and I decided to go to another favorite spot for a couple of beverages... Martinis and Belgium beer. Delightful!
6. "City on the Hill" Christmas album. So good.
7. Gas fireplaces. I LOVE flipping the switch when I want a cozy fire...
8. Cookie recipes! (I'm getting ready to start baking today!)
9. Scarves. Chunky scarves, skinny scarves, blue, red, plaid, striped, etc. I love scarves.
10. My green wool blanket from Ireland. So soft and warm. A great souvenier!