Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Poem

Today, I was going to do another Photo Hunt... with the theme "Undesirable." Til I realized my camera battery was dead.

That was undesirable!

So I give you a poem instead!

"On the first day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
The gift of my Undivided Attention.
On the second day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Enthusiasm.
On the third day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Creative Energy,
On the fourth day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Simple Seasonal Pleasures.
On the fifth day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Tenderness.
On the sixth day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Good Cheer.
On the seventh day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Beauty.
On the eighth day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Communication.
On the nineth day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Surprise.
On the tenth day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Wonder.
On the eleventh day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Peaceful Surroundings.
On the twelth day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Joy.

"'Be ready at all times for the gifts of God, and always for new ones,' Meister Eckhart urges us in this season of giving. Be ready at all times to give those you love the simply abundant gifts of Spirit. If you do, they'll give you Christmas gifts you'll never forget: happy smiles and contented hearts. And you won't want to exchange them."
--Simple Abundance

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Our Dinner and a Movie Night last night - new friends, yummy food, and a cozy evening in front of a Christmas movie. Very nice.
2. Not getting out of bed until 10am this morning. Woo-hoo!
3. Got 3 more kinds of cookies done today.
4. Smoked Alaskan Halibut for lunch. Yum-a-roo. Thanks Dylan and Tonya!
5. Started wrapping gifts today... I love pretty wrapping paper!
6. My poinsettia is still alive and well!
7. My African violet is getting a new bloom.
8. My youngest sister, Kayla's, Madrigal Dinner! So fun!
9. Dad's excitement about planning Christmas Eve.
10. A new Christmas tree for our loft - so cute and pretty!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin