Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Pep Talk

I read this out of Simple Abundance today - and I laughed out loud! I'm recording it here for those days when I want to give up and walk away... Those days when I don't think I'll ever be good enough to make my dreams come true... Those days when I simply need a wake up call. Here it is:

"As the season of Believing seems to wind down for the rest of the world, please let me gently make something very clear. Many dreams still wait in the wings. Many aspirations are just within our grasp if we keep stretching. Many hungers need nourishment. Many yearnings must be acknowledged, so that they can be fulfilled. Many authentic sparks must be fanned before Passion performs her perfect work in you. Throw another log on the fire.

This is not the day you quit.
This is not the day you cry.

This is the day you stare down every naysayer in your life who doesn't get it yet. Because YOU do. Finally. And now you know that FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

This is the day you shout, 'I Believe!' Keep on shouting it until you're hoarse. No more muttering under your breath...

...So keep on believing that you have the passion, intelligence, brilliance, creativity, wisdom, clarity, depth, and savvy to find the quiet center of solace, serenity, and strength necessary to create and sustain an authentic life. Every day is the prayer. An authentic life is the most personal form of worship. When you start believing, you'll discover that all things are really possible."
--Simple Abundance

Thank you Sarah Ban Breathnach!

Things I am thankful for today:

1. My year-long journey through "A Simple Abundance."
2. A year of following where the Spirit has led me.
3. A year of noticing all I have to be thankful for.
4. A year of new experiences.
5. A year of new responsiblities.
6. A year of acknowledging dreams - and beginning to walk towards them.
7. A year of laughter and love with the hubby.
8. A year of new friendships.
9. A year of new adventures.
10. A year of having enough and being enough. A good year.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin