"Now we do."
Halloween! What a fun day! We spent the first part of the day at a UNICEF Carnival at my church - all kinds of fun! We were surrounded by witches, storm troppers, bumblebees, princesses, cowboys, firemen, the Gilligan's Island crew, clowns, and a Travelocity Travel Gnome! (The hubby and I just threw on our backpacking gear this year... Nothing too creative, until the hubby reminded me that this was our own version of "Heaven and Hell." I'll let you figure out who was who! Ha ha ha.)Then we came home and took some naps... We were out late last night for the concert, and any big church event sucks the energy right out of me! But after our naps, we planned some fabulous meals for the rest of the weekend and went grocery shopping - we got home just in time for Trick-or-Treators! Yeah - a whole 8 kids in three hours. We have a lot of left over Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!
It was a slow night, but we've started our own traditions on Halloween - a yummy, homemade dinner, candlelight, good music, and Trivial Pursuit in front of the fireplace. (We made the Barefoot Contessa's "Croque Monsieur" tonight - ooey, gooey, baked ham and cheese sandwich. Delish!)
I hope you had a nice Halloween!
Things I am thankful for today:
1. The hubby kept the dog busy so I could sleep in. Then they both woke me up - so cute!
2. A great turnout at the UNICEF carnival! Double what we've had in past years!
3. Lots of laughter and smiles.
4. Fun playing with the little kids.
5. Football - always lures me into a nap.
6. Penny lending me her Barefoot Contessa in Paris Cookbook. Yum-o.
7. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
8. Croque Monsieur - who knew?!
9. Our dog being so excited for the kids who came to our door. So funny.
10. A warm cozy night at home.