Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ladies of Grace - October 28th

I believe the blog carnival "Ladies of Grace" has been discontinued... But I'm stubborn. I like the idea of looking back over my last week and noticing when grace entered - or didn't enter - into my life in some way. If you have a story to share - when your heart was warmed or softened, or cold and hardened, by a situation - please leave a note in my comments! I really think we learn from each other when we share these parts of our lives!

This week, I will suck it up and share a common situation when my heart is not so graceful... Ready? Not only am I stubborn, I'm also impatient. There, I said it.

I've been in a lot of meetings last week and this week where people are supposed to ask questions and share ideas... and I get so frustrated with people that seem to be off in their own worlds or ask the same questions over and over... or simply cannot understand the goal or project at hand. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who gets annoyed by this, right?

It's selfish and stupid of me - and it just proves that I'm not the entirely open-minded, patient person that I like to think I am.

So that's my prayer this week - that God will open my mind and heart, strengthen my patience, and help me to see where others are coming from, and be more kind in guiding them back to the focus of the discussion.

We all have faults. This is one of mine. Care to share yours?

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Oversleeping. Not good, but much needed.
2. A fun visit with Michele today!
3. The whole church smelled like turkey and pie all day long.
4. Getting lots of work done amidst the chaos.
5. It's been a good week to work with my pastor. Lots of fun.
6. Greeting people tonight at the Turkey Dinner.
7. My first turkey, stuffing, potatoes, and pumpkin pie dinner of the season!
8. Meeting Lance tonight - a man that goes to different church dinners all over the metro area just for the good food and meeting new people! So interesting!
9. A hot shower...
10. My hubby. I like him a lot.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Megan...I hear you...I struggled yesterday...I couldn't follow what was going on... I know what direction it is going...I get it...bummer!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrea, the little collector said...

Patience is definitely not my strong suit either. I'm getting more practice at it in the big picture things...having to trust God's timing in my life, but I still get impatient with the little details.

I also find I have to watch my tone of voice. My impatience or opinions about how things should be done sometimes comes out in a condescending tone. It's not supportive, patient, kind...nothing nice and I often do it without meaning to. I'm learning I need to be more aware of how I express myself.

That feels a little too honest!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin