Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday Fave Five - October 9th

It's Friday again! Here are the best things about this past week:

1. Watching the Badgers/Gophers football game at my parents' house. The dog and I were decked out in Badger gear, and my parents were cheering for the Gophers. So fun! Chili and cornbread and talking smack with my dad. Gotta love it!

2. My hubby and our friend, Mark, made it home safe and sound from their trip to the North Shore! They had a great trip and brought home some fun stories and beautiful pictures!
One of the many Superior Hiking Trails markers... Beautiful colors, huh?
Mike and Mark, bundled up for their cold trek!
Mike FINALLY made it to Bean Lake - it's taken three years to get to this rock.

3. Dinner out with the hubby Sunday night - to The Happy Gnome for burgers and beer, and stories about his trip. Very fun!

4. Tonight was Dinner and a Movie night with some people from church. We met at the church for a quick potluck meal, then headed to the theatres for some movies. It was so nice to have some of the other husbands join us! So fun to go to a funny movie, just because. It was a much needed, silly, night out.

5. I've really been liking my job lately - I like the ways I get to help people, listen to them, pray with them, introduce new ways to incorporate spirituality into daily lives... It makes busy weeks like this one worth it!

If you'd like to share your Fave Five of the week, be sure to link up to Living To Tell the Story!

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Staying home during the day. So nice.
2. Catching up on some reading.
4. The hubby coming with me to Movie Night with church!
5. Brooke bringing pizza to the potluck - so cute (and so yummy!).
6. A funny movie - "Couples Retreat."
7. Melissa's snorts.
8. Junior Mints.
9. A cold, but nice, fall evening.
10. Putting the down comforter on the bed!

1 comment:

Melissa Kaye said...

:) I watched last week's The Office last night and snorted SO much. I love it when hilarity catches me by surprise so much so that I snort! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin