Monday, October 26, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook - October 26th Edition

I'm baaaaack! Sorry about the week off - I just needed it. I've been sick with a bad cold, and had a busy week at work - and I just needed to "step away from the blog" for a few days. I was scolded by my parents yesterday as they informed me that people all over the world anticipate reading my blog every day and that I was letting them down! Ha ha ha.

I'm so grateful for each and every one of you that stop by! If you have a moment today, leave me a note to say "hi!" I'd love to come visit your blog or simply acknowledge your visit with a "hello to you too!"

I hope you have a blessed Monday!
Megs

For Today...

Outside my window... gray skies, slight breeze, beautiful red and orange trees - at least it's not snowing today! I am thankful... for a fun evening with my family last night. Lots of laughing and telling stories from my childhood - very funny! (Apparently I was really rude on the phone as a kid - I wouldn't talk, and then I would just hang up... Funny, I'm still not much of a conversationalist on the phone... Oh! And the story of me trying to put Mom in a better mood at the dinner table - I think I was about five years old and Mom was crabby - so I sat across from her wiggling my eyebrows as fast as I could to make her giggle. It worked - and it still does! Ha ha ha. My hubby said I do it to him when I've gone shopping and he asks me if my clothes are new... Apparently it works with him, too!)
From the kitchen... hopefully, simple and healthy food this week. My stomach has been a little finicky ever since I got sick last weekend... So we're keeping it light!
I am wearing... Ha ha ha. Pajama pants - pink, white, red, and lime green candy striped! A red tank top. And a red cardigan sweater. Another cozy Monday at home!
I am creating... ideas for a Halloween costume for the hubby and I. We've had a lot of ideas, but nothing has stuck yet... Suggestions? (If you give us an idea and we go with it - I'll send you a $5.00 gift card to Caribou Coffee!)
I am going... to the David Gray concert this Friday! I'm SO excited! If you don't know David Gray, click here for one of my favorite songs of his. Good stuff!
I am reading... "The Scandalous Gospel of Jesus Christ," by Peter Gomes, and "An Echo in the Bone" by Diana Gabaldon.
I am hoping... for some sunshine. These gray days are keeping me tired! I'm in need of some ENERGY!
I am hearing... the tv in the background (Waiting for the Bonnie Hunt Show to start. The Pioneer Woman is making an appearance today!).
Some plans for the week... work, book group, open sanctuary, meetings, the concert, a UNICEF Halloween party with the kids from church, and who knows what else may pop up?!
One of my favorite things... one of my youth group kids is dressing up as the Travelocity Travel Gnome. I LOVE IT! I can't wait to see him, I probably won't stop giggling.
A picture thought I am sharing: Dinner at my parents' last night. Mom did good work! Chicken Parmesan and Acorn Squash - both a la Pioneer Woman's recipes. Yum.
Things I am thankful for today:

1. Other blogs - so fun to read! TheProvidentWoman is having a "sweet" giveaway this week! Check her out here!
2. "Fainting goats" video. Makes me chuckle! (Don't worry - it's genetic, they're ok!)
3. An hour workout! Yeah me!
4. Feeling really excited about stuff at work.
5. Going for a nice long walk with the hubby and the dog.
6. Little kids asking to pet our dog - she loves it!
7. Making chocolate chip banana bread.
8. The hubby and his experiments... Makes me laugh.
9. My stomach seems to be much better! Finally!
10. My Pioneer Woman cookbook shipped today! Should be a fun weekend of trying new recipes!

12 comments:

Diane said...

My daughter went as the "ipod ad" last year. I thought it was cute...here is a link to a picture of someone else who did it. Easy to do...especially if you have an ipod! But maybe not so original anymore. :(

I really dislike Halloween so that's about the best suggestion you will get from me!


http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2006/08/ericpod.jpg

Diane said...

By the way....I know when you don't blog that you are either
a. Really Busy
b. Sick

Sorry to hear it was "B". Hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Sweet...Megan is back! Hope you continue to feel better!

Unknown said...

Costume

Bill Gates and Mac Dude??

Cheryl said...

Hi Meg,

Glad you are feeling better and I missed you!

Costume idea for you.. Go as B&B Innkeepers. One go as the bed and the other as breakfast... You are creative so know you could figure something out! Have fun!!!

Carol E. said...

LOL. I love Cheryl's idea. I was going to suggest twin beds, but I like her idea better. Glad you're back; I was patient 'cause I knew you'd been sick. And... I KNEW you had expressive eyebrows!

Hubby said...

Cat Stove and Heine Pot?

Andrea, the little collector said...

Just saying hi & I hope you are feeling much better! :) Guess I was just getting caught up with you while you were taking some time off!

Oh dear, I'm hopeless at Halloween costumes! Oh well! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Dr Low said...

Good morning from Italy and...get well soon!

Fir Halloween you can be Barak and Michel. I am shure all people will be very suprised seeing president and his wife outside their door!

Megs said...

Thanks for all the get well wishes, everyone! I'm feeling much better and doing well! And thanks for the Halloween ideas... Lots to ponder! LOL

Innkeeper Seely said...

I have to ask, what was hubbie's experiment all about???

Feel better, stay safe.

Anonymous said...

Hello!!! megslifeisgood.blogspot.com is one of the most outstanding informational websites of its kind. I take advantage of reading it every day. Keep it that way.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin