Carve out an hour a day for solitude.
Begin and end each day with prayer, meditation, reflection.
Keep it simple.
Keep your house picked up.
Strive for realistic deadlines.
Never make a promise you can't keep.
Allow an extra half hour for everything you do.
Create quiet surroundings at home and at work.
Go to bed at nine o'clock twice a week.
Always carry something interesting to read.
Breathe - deeply and often.
Move - walk, dance, run, find a sport you enjoy.
Drink pure spring water. Lots of it.
Eat only when hungry.
If it's not delicious, don't eat it.
Be instead of do.
Set aside one day a week for rest and renewal.
Laugh more often.(I have no idea what Bailey is doing in this picture - but it makes me giggle everytime I look at it!)
Luxuriate in your senses.
Always opt for comfort.
If you don't love it, live without it.
Let Mother Nature nurture.
Don't answer the telephone during dinner.
Stop trying to please everyone.
Start pleasing yourself.
Stay away from negative people.
Don't squander precious resources - time, creative energy, emotion.
Don't be afraid of your passion.
Approach problems as challenges.
Honor your aspirations.
Set achievable goals.
For every 'yes,' let there be a 'no.'
Don't worry, be happy.
Remember, happiness is a living emotion.
Exchange security for serenity.
Care for your soul.
Cherish your dreams.
Express love everyday.
Search for your authentic self until you find her."
What is your secret to coping with stress? For me, spending time with the hubby and the dog makes the rest of the world disappear... I'm curious to hear what works for you!
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Sleeping in - and being awakened by the dog's excitement to have the hubby and I both home! She could not control her happiness!
2. Pumpkin waffles. Yum.
3. Going for a walk around Jensen Lake (one of the parks my hubby takes care of). It was beautiful!
(This is the Visitor Center at Lebanon Hills Park - another of the Hubby's parks - that's what the "green roof" looks like in the fall. Isn't it beautiful?!)
4. The first snowfall of the year. I'm only thankful for it because it was pretty! Ha ha ha.
5. Coming home, putting on warm cozy clothes, and curling up for a nap on the couch...
6. Bison tacos for dinner. Another Yum.
7. Lighting the fireplace for the first time this year!
8. Playing Trivial Pursuit next to the fire... Nice.
9. Big Gingers. (Ginger Ale, Jameson, and lemon and lime wedges.)
10. The perfect day.