Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Secret

So, I've been reading Mitch Albom's newest book, "Have a Little Faith." And I love it! Here's the latest part I love:

"So, have we solved the secret of happiness?
'I believe so,' he said.
Are you going to tell me?
'Yes. Ready?'
Ready.
'Be satisfied.'
That's it?
'Be grateful.'
That's it?
'For what you have. For the love you receive. And for what God has given you.'
That's it?
He looked me in the eye. Then he sighed deeply.
'That's it.'"

Be satisfied. Be grateful. For all you have, the love you receive, and for what God has given you... And you will be happy.

Love it.

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Books that remind us of what's important.
2. This list of things I'm thankful for. It changes my outlook on like everyday.
3. Youth Leadership - a wonderful organization that provides trainings for youth workers. Always an uplifting day!
4. Lunch with Tracie at Red Robin. (My first Red Robin experience - very yummy!)
5. A quiet afternoon at the office.
6. Open Sanctuary - the quiet was so nice.
7. A leadership meeting at church - great insights and ideas are flowing!
8. Good music on the car drive home tonight!
9. The feeling that I've had a productive day!
10. Diving into my cozy bed tonight!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin