Monday, September 7, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook - September 7th Edition

For Today...

Outside my window... sunshine, birdies, blue sky, and an irrigation system that just won't stop! My poor dog can't play frisbee, because the grass is always soaked!
I am thankful... for one more day to this splendid weekend! And that I get to share it with the hubby!
From the kitchen... coconut french toast for breakfast and a yummy, light, summer pasta for dinner!
I am wearing... a light blue tank top and my light, comfy hiker pants. (Guess what the hubby is wearing? His "My wife rocks" shirt! Ha ha ha... I didn't think he'd actually wear it...)
I am creating... hmmm... nothing new this week.
I am going... to the Laughing Waters Bluegrass Festival at Minnehaha Falls Park! So fun!
I am reading... "So You Want to be a Innkeeper" and a Dean Koontz book in those rare moments when I can read for fun - still.
I am hoping... for some scallop tacos at Sea Salt Eatery this afternoon!
I am hearing... kids playing outside - their high-pitched giggles and screams.
One of my favorite things... a hubby that would wear this shirt in public!
Things I am thankful for today:

1. A long weekend.
2. Sleeping in. (The hubby's home, so he put out the dog and fed her!)
3. Coconut French Toast - yum-a-roo!
4. Lounging around for the morning!
5. Bluegrass music.
6. Minnehaha Falls - what a nice place to hang out and people (and dog) watch!
7. Running into friends.
8. Sharing scallop tacos and a beer.
9. Ice cream cones on a hot day.
10. Making an excellent dinner and sharing some wine by candlelight!
11. A perfect day.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin