Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Fave Five - September 18th

Take moment to look back over your week and notice (and say thanks) for your favorite five moments! If you'd like, you can than link up with Living to Tell the Story and share your uplifting stories with others! Here's mine:

1. Date night last Friday, in Stillwater. I wore my new dress. We finally tried a little bistro/bar that we had wanted to check out for a long time (Ruby Begonia's. They have THE best french fries!). We planned to see the band performing that night... but they were starting too late. So, we walked down the street to the patio that overlooked the river and had a couple of beers and just talked and enjoyed the evening. Perfect. My favorite part? On the walk back to the car, a girl stopped us and told us that we looked like such a sweet couple. So cute!

2. Pumpkin recipes! Pumpkin waffles Saturday morning, and pumpkin bread and muffins Sunday night (I had to use up the rest of the can of pumpkin...). Yum!

3. Book group! It's been a while since I was there and it was so nice to hear what's going on in everyone's lives! Next week I'll look forward to actually talking about the book... Ha ha ha.

4. Spending my day off today cleaning the house and getting the fall decorations up. I didn't go as overboard as I usually do this year. Kept it simple. It looks and feels nice.
5. Dinner tonight was scrumptious! I was given more tomatoes from a church member's garden - a whole assortment of red, orange, yellow, and purple(!) cherry and grape tomatoes. They are the BEST tomatoes I have ever tasted, let me tell you! We used them in a pasta last week - a few nights in a row, cause they were so good. And tonight, I made a Margherita Pizza Bread with them and had a glass of yummy white wine. Wowza! Delish.
And... things I am thankful for today:

1. Sleeping in til 9am. So nice.
2. The hubby coming home for lunch before leaving for the weekend.
3. Pumpkin bread.
4. Being organized. It makes decorating for the seasons so easy!
5. A clean house. Time to relax.
6. New recipes to try this weekend.
7. Fresh tomatoes and basil (from my little plant - thanks Beth!). So good.
8. A fun book to read in bed.
9. Fall candles. My new one is "spice market" from Yankee Candles - yum!
10. Sinking into bed. I love that feeling!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Sounds like a great week. I don't have the fall thing going in my house yet, but I know I need to get started on the season!

Kari said...

I love your fall decorations. Simple is always good.
We don't have fall here but I might decorate. We'll see.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin