Monday, September 14, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook - September 14th Edition

For Today...

Outside my window...
a cloudy, gray morning - but warm and muggy!
I am thankful... for so many breakfast choices today! Pumpkin waffles... Homemade granola... What to choose?
From the kitchen... yummy leftovers... but nothing new...
I am wearing... black workout capris and a blue t-shirt. Guess who's planning to hit the elliptical soon?
I am creating... a Christmas present... Ha ha ha - sorry! Can't tell you what it is!
I am going... to decorate for fall this weekend. Yikes. It seems so soon!
I am reading... "So You Want to be a Innkeeper" and "The Scandalous Gospel of Jesus Christ." Interesting...
I am hoping... for cooler weather.
I am hearing... birds, geese, the garbage truck, and the dog's snores.
One of my favorite things... already working on some Christmas presents! Woo-hoo!
A picture thought I am sharing:
Isn't this a funny picture? They were sitting on my desk, looking so cute - so I snapped their pic! They've been hiding in our church the last couple of Sundays - whoever finds them each week gets a free entry into the Annual Neighbor's, Inc Duck Race. I just think they make a hilarious photo opp!

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Yummy granola for breakfast.
2. Working out. A novel idea.
3. Catching up on reading for work.
4. Exercise balls. They make sit ups do-able.
5. Dark chocolate covered macadamia nuts. Thank you, Trader Joe's.
6. Pink clouds and blue clouds in the evening sky. So pretty.
7. The neighborhood kids playing with my dog - frisbee, tricks, wanting to walk her on her leash. So funny.
8. New moisturizer and eye cream... I think I like it so far...
9. A nice walk this evening. Bugs were much fewer than the last time we tried to take a walk!
10. Book group tomorrow!
11. Pumpkin muffins! Lord have mercy, they're good!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I love pumpkin muffins. . .well, pumpkin anything, really. TJ's has really good pumpkin butter.
Thanks for the encouraging words. I thought of them as I struggled the first night back at Irish class! . . . and to you as well with the B&B :)

Unknown said...

yummmmm Pumpkin! I am really looking forward to tonight!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin