Sunday, September 13, 2009

Life Psalm

"Let us, then, be up and doing
With a heart for any fate;
Still achieving, still pursuing,
Learn to labor and to wait."
--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"Dreams are not enough. They must be backed up with effort. Success is as simple and as profound as that... We must be doing something about bringing our dreams into the world every day, even if we only have fifteen minutes out of every twenty-four hours to concentrate on our calling.

"As long as you're actively pursuing your dream with a practical plan, you're still achieving, even if it feels as though you're going nowhere fast. It's been my experience that the very moment I feel like giving up, I'm only one step from a breakthrough. Hang on long enough and circumstances will change, too. Trust in yourself, your dream and Spirit."
--A Simple Abundance

This is for all of you who are supporting my dream - and sharing your dream with me! You'll get there - just keep plugging on!

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Rally Sunday at church! A good vibe all around this morning.
2. Jake's solution to my forgetting a lighter for our candle during prayer time, in confirmation class - he "lit up" the candle application on his phone and placed it on the candle holder! Ha ha ha!
3. Tommy telling me funny stories (he's maybe 10 years old... so cute).
4. My new clothes came in at REI - smartwool long undies and windbreaking fleece pants. Sexy, I know!
5. A trip to Whole Foods. I love that place.
6. The hubby made home-made granola - the house smells SO GOOD!
7. Manwich and brown beans for dinner - a childhood classic. Gotta love comfort foods.
8. Magazines! I got 2 in the mail this week - so nice to ignore the rest of the world and enjoy looking at house decorations and new recipes...
9. A new musician, Forest Sun - we've been listening to him all weekend.
10. Clean laundry for the week! ha ha ha.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin