Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What to Wear?

"'I haven't got a thing to wear' does not, of course, mean that we must resort to nakedness or seclusion; it means that our wardrobes contain nothing that might match our mood or offer a just reflection of our current lives."
--Kennedy Fraser

Oh Spring. I always have trouble in the spring with what to wear! I'm so excited for light, pretty colors - but my skin is so pale, they make me look sallow and sick! I love the light-weight fabrics - but in Minnesota, we're still getting snow storms in late March and early April. Open shoes are so pretty and freeing - but my chubby feet hang out the sides!

I love Autumn clothes - jeans, sweaters, jackets. I love winter clothes - more jeans, heavier sweaters, scarves, turtlenecks. I love summer - dresses, skirts, tank tops, flip flops. It's spring - I just never know what to do with it!

And so now, we start the 2-3 months of spring. Everytime I look in the closet, I think, "I have nothing to wear!"

Here's hoping you do better with spring than I do!
Megs

Things I am thankful for today:

1. The weather is so cold, seasonal clothes don't matter!
2. Poached eggs and toast for breakfast.
3. A good staff meeting.
4. Ideas for Easter Sunday.
5. Picture frames are ordered!
6. Plans to paint and improve our living room and kitchen!
7. Emily, Jeremy and Elly coming over this weekend.
8. 2 fudgy brownies in one day - so bad, but so good!
9. Feeling validated about my headaches - weather can affect them!
10. Going to bed early.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Oh I feel the same about Spring...I love the sunshine and whispers of warmth...BUT I have nothing to wear!

Bebesboutique said...

Lol about not knowing what to wear. I know there are people wearing sandles and shorts somewhere but NOT where I am in Idaho. And TWO fudgy brownies in one day ARE a good thing. lol

Blog Widget by LinkWithin