Friday, March 6, 2009

Hiatus

Hello Friends!

I'm leaving in almost two hours - so I wanted to leave a note... For those of you who are new and just stopping by, I'm out of town for a week or so. Headed to Ireland! So I will not be posting for awhile. Feel free to peruse old posts and leave comments - I LOVE your comments! ...And when I return I will make up for lost time with all kinds of pictures and stories about my trip - as well as my daily 10 things I was and am thankful for!

So today, I leave you with this quote by McCullough,
"We may not be the kind of people we want to be, we may be a long way from our goals, we may have more failures than achievements, we may not be wealthy or powerful or spiritual, we may not even be happy, but we are nonetheless accepted by God, held in his hands."

(I have a couple of friends that I thought could use that quote this week... Sometimes, it's nice to know we are loved!)

And lastly, my friend, Andrea, read this passage at our church council meeting last Tuesday - and it has stuck with me all week - so I'll share it with you:

"So this is my prayer: that your love will flourish and that you will not only love much but well. Learn to love appropriately. You need to use your head and test your feelings so that your love is sincere and intelligent, not sentimental gush. Live a lover's life, circumspect and exemplary, a life Jesus will be proud of: bountiful in fruits from the soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of God."
--Philippians 1:9-11 (from The Message)

Have a great week!
Megs

Things I am thankful for today (so far - it's only 9:30am):

1. My warm, cozy bed - I will miss it while I'm away!
2. My shower - once again, missing!
3. The hubby left me just enough cereal for my breakfast!
4. I got everything done for work that I wanted to, before I left!
5. I found a funny book for my flight! (Hitchhiking Across Ireland with a Fridge - I'll let you know how it is!)
6. A sunny, beautiful day - good for a 6 hour drive to Milwaukee!
7. Good music on the ipod - a very eclectic mix!
8. I'm still doing good at sticking to my Lenten goals - no TV in the mornings - and I LIKE it!
9. The hubby let me pack a lunch for the car (instead of stopping at McDonald's... I just can't start the restuarant food already, we'll have 8 DAYS of it! Now, if only I could talk them out of a fish fry dinner tonight!)
10. Time with the hubby in the car - we always have fun.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhhh Megan...you will be missed! Have a blast! And give your MIL a big hug!

Melissa Kaye said...

Have fun! We'll miss you.

Fish fry dinner? I don't even get invited to those any more because the only thing I'll eat is the potato. :)

Can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back!

Anonymous said...

What are we going to do without your blog to read everyday? Your insights, quotes, funny stories-----I know you won't read this till you get home, but your family and Bailey, of course, will miss you and Mke very much!!

Carol E. said...

Aren't you back yet?? We miss you! Come back soon! (I have our next book for you.)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin