Monday, March 2, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook - March 2nd Edition

"There are many paths to the present moment. Joan Borysenko's 'all-time favorite meditation is a small, moist piece of chocolate cake eaten with exquisite attention and tremendous gratitude. Any time we are fully present in the moment we are meditating.'"
-- A Simple Abundance (I just had to share this quote - chocolate cake = meditation. Love it!)

For Today... from the Simple Woman's Daybook...

Outside my window... is a beautiful, sunshine-y morning - with 6 inches of snow still on the ground...
I am thinking... about everything I have to do to get ready to leave for Ireland on Friday!
I am thankful... for time with Dad and Kayla (my little sister) last night.
From the kitchen... really yummy dinners have been coming... Taco salad, salmon, gnocchi, and tomorrow night tomato and mozzarella paninis with homemade tomato basil soup! Yum!
I am wearing... my christmas flannel pj pants, a red tank top, and a red cableknit sweater coat. Cozy and warm.
I am creating... my family tree! I'm using ancestry.com and have added in my mom's dad's side of the family - and already have over 150 names, some dating back to the 1780's! I picked up information from my dad last night - I'm so excited to enter his family info, too!
I am going... out to dinner with some FABulous ladies tonight!
I am reading... A Simple Abundance (daily), Dangerous Wonder by Michael Yaconelli (one of my favorites!), and Speaking of Faith by Krista Tippett (for book group).
I am hoping... for a stress-free, fun, and safe trip!
I am hearing... the school bus stop outside my house, picking up the neighbor kids; my dog whimpering at the kids and snoring; people still shoveling out their driveways; and the hum of the computer.
Around the house... it is spring! I broke down and put up the spring decorations. I'm loving it!
One of my favorite things... is my book group - and I won't be able to go tomorrow night because I have another meeting. Bummer.
A few plans for the rest of the week? Dinner tonight, mission meeting, a little bit of book group, council meeting, coffee with a youth group member, eye appointment, taking my dog to my parents, and then... leaving for IRELAND!
Here is picture thought I am sharing:


(This is Tonregee East in western Ireland. This is where my Irish ancestors are from - it's just north of where my tour will be going next week... So it looks like I won't make it there this trip... Guess that means the hubby and I will have to go back to Ireland... Oh darn!)

Things I am thankful for:

1. I'm sticking to my Lenten stuff so far!
2. Dinner with Carol, Beth, Melissa - and Ellen - tonight! (I really enjoyed meeting Ellen - she was a lot of fun!)
3. A great workout today.
4. A fun Mission Team meeting.
5. The hubby saved a dog today. What a good hubby.
6. Thin Mints.
7. Mom got home safely from Pittsburgh.
8. Feeling loved.
9. Laughter.
10. Life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear the excitement of your trip! Fun!

Carol E. said...

I think book group should meet in that spot shown in the picture.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin