Sunday, March 15, 2009

Going Home

I woke up this morning with a sore throat, cough, and a congested head. Welcome back to the States!

We spent the morning at Mike's Mom's house in Milwaukee - his sister, Kerry, and her son, Brandon, came over to hear all about the trip. It was fun to share the highlights with them - Brandon even sent us a letter to our hotel in Dublin (so fun!), so we answered his questions (good beer, didn't see any leprechauns...)

We got on the road about 10am and began the drive to Minnesota. It was a sunny, warm, 60 degree day! And so - the first day of the year with the moonroof open!!! That made the long drive worth it...
We got home about 4:30pm, ran to Trader Joe's for some quick dinner fixings, came home, unpacked, took long, hot showers... And then were ready when my parents came over for dinner! They brought my baby home (our dog, Bailey) - we were so excited to see her! We played, told my parents about the trip over dinner, and heard about what was going on here at home over the week, also.

My cold was getting worse throughout the day - by dinner time, I barely had a voice! Once Mom and Dad left, I was determined to stay up for "Brothers and Sisters" - on TV at 9pm... I made it til 9:15pm... and had to go to bed. My bed! Hallelujah!

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Seeing Brandon and Kerry this morning.
2. Mike's Mom trying to help me with my cold!
3. A nice, sunny day for a drive.
4. Moonroof open!
5. Good music in the car.
6. A yummy, homemade dinner.
7. Mom and Dad taking good care of Bailey.
8. Not too many emails to catch up on...
9. Cuddles with the dog.
10. My bed!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin