Monday, March 16, 2009

Me


Ha ha ha - my first full day at home, I'm sick as can be. My sinuses are so congested I can't breathe! I've tried hot showers, cold medicines, Vicks vapors, hot tea, sleeping sitting up, etc, etc. Miserable, I tell you!

So I began my daily devotions again... And today's made me laugh out loud! (Imagine me laughing - with no sound coming out, because I can't breathe... more of a wheeze...) Ha ha ha.

I'm back to reading, "Simple Abundance," and today's challenge is to look in the mirror and "lovingly" list 10 things you like about your body! Ha ha ha. Then, list 10 things you like about your personality.

So here goes 10 things I like about my body:
1. The bags under my eyes.
2. The frizzy hair that will take days to repair after so many steamy showers.
3. The skin flaking off my body from so many hot showers.
4. My dry, cracked lips... from breathing through them, instead of my nose!

Ha ha ha. Just kidding. I just soooo don't feel pretty today!

Ok, here's my serious answers (I'll pretend I'm healthy!):
1. My hair color. Everyone (even beauticians) always ask if I color it. Nope. All natural.
2. My skin - mostly clear, and a nice color when it's tan.
3. My eyes, and eyebrows - very expressive.
4. My smile - friendly and open, I think.
5. My arms - I've been working very hard to tone my upper arms, and they're beginning to take some shape!
6. The beginning of my "laugh lines" - because I truly believe they come from a lot of laughter!
7. My hands - gentle and strong.
8. My legs - able to do so much more than I give them credit for!
9. My ears to listen to friends, music, and laughter.
10. My shoulders - broad and strong.

And ten things I like about my personality:
1. Patience (most of the time).
2. Optimistic.
3. Respect myself and others.
4. Laugh - a lot.
5. Love - big.
6. Good listener.
7. At peace with life - whatever it may bring.
8. Faith.
9. Family and friends are huge priorities.
10. Love trying new things.

Today I'm thankful for:
Those 20 things I just listed about myself. How often do we think about what we like about ourselves? What a gift. I challenge you to do this too! (If I can do it today, while feeling low as can be - I think you can do it, too!)

Peace to you today - and hopefully, good health!
Megs

1 comment:

Carol E. said...

You are the coolest lady! I'm so glad I know you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin