Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sabbath

"This is what the Sabbath is for: reverence, rest, renewal, rejuvenation, reassuring rituals, recreation, rejoicing, revelation, remembering how much you have to be grateful for, and saying, "thank you!"... Your activities on the Sabbath should uplift you and provide enough inspiration to sustain you during the week to come."
-- A Simple Abundance

Fridays are my personal Sabbath. I work at a church, so Sundays are draining to this introvert! By the time I get home around 1pm, I'm ready for a long nap and an evening at home. So, while the hubby is at work, and I have a day off - I use Fridays as my Sabbath.

I sleep in a little, do my quiet time, workout, and take the rest of the day to do all the little things I don't usually do for myself... I may meet friends for lunch, do a little shopping, go to an antique market or a junk market, work on projects, try some new recipes - who knows? But it's a day for me. I enjoy it - a lot. It gives me a little boost, reminds me that it's ok to do stuff for myself, energizes me for the rest of the weekend, and puts me in a great mood for when the hubby comes home! It allows me to put down the stresses of the week and pick up the excitement for the weekend!

I realize I have it pretty easy - I don't have any kids to worry about... But I do hope, if you don't have a day to yourself, that you can take a few hours once a week - at least - to take a break from the needs and wants of everyone else... And take a moment to breathe deep and renew your soul. It's good for you - and everyone around you!

Here's to renewing our spirits!
Megs

Things I am thankful for today:

1. My favorite fleece pull over - warm and cozy.
2. Diane's gift of gum for my long flights!
3. Pottery Barn gift cards!
4. Supportive friends at staff meeting.
5. Andy's funny messages.
6. Homemade tomato basil soup and paninis for dinner!
7. Getting to stop by book group for a few minutes tonight.
8. A good talk with a friend at church.
9. Feeling valued at work.
10. Coming home to a cleaned up kitchen and girl scout cookies! :)

2 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Oh Pottery Barn, how I love thee...and gift cards, doesn't get much better than that ;)

Megs said...

LOL My dream home would be all PB - Luckily, there's some pretty good knock-offs in the world! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin