Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Not Perfect

"Did you know that Amish quilters will deliberately add a mismatched patch to each quilt to remind themselves that only Spirit can create perfectly? We need to remember that. We should only strive to be a first-rate version of ourselves (not an imitation of Eva Longoria, Martha Stewart, or Oprah!). And our best is always good enough."
--Simple Abundance

I've heard this about Amish quilters many times throughout my life - and whenever I get hung up on perfection, I remind myself of this fact. No one is perfect, except for God. And I am certainly not God!

My art will not be perfect, I will not always use the right words when writing, I am not a good singer - but I sing anyway, I don't always have the right thing to say, my hair is often a mess. That's life. And life is good. But not perfect.

If I can be happy with who I am - in all my imperfections. Life is great.

My wish for you today - contentment with the imperfections!
Megs

Things I am thankful for today:

1. My book group - they love me, even with my imperfections!
2. My staff - they make me smile.
3. Getting a lot of work done.
4. Mini Twix candy bars.
5. Hearing about more people reading my blog - I wish you guys would leave comments, so I know you've been here! It's so fun to see you!
6. Thunderstorms - last night on my birthday!
7. Yellow tulips.
8. Leftovers.
9. A birthday message from Emily and Finley!
10. Plans to spend Friday with Mom and Kayla.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin