Saturday, March 28, 2009

Elly

"People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child -- our own two eyes. All is a miracle."
--Thich Nhat Hanh

We got to spend part of our day today with our God-daughter, Elly, and her parents (some of our dearest friends). It was so fun to see the miracle of Elly - all her wonder, excitement, energy, determination, intelligence, curiousity, playfulness... the power of her lungs and desire for attention! Ha ha ha.

We are very lucky to be a part of this little girl's life. We love her dearly.
Elly's mom sent this to me while I was in Ireland - I love it! (Mike and I love "Life is Good" products, and I, of course, love monkeys!)

Things I am thankful for today:
1. Sleeping in.
2. Cinnamon toast and coffee.
3. A clean house.
4. Groceries!
5. Emily and Jeremy - wonderful friends.
6. Little Miss Elly - so fun!
7. Basketball, blogging, and napping away the afternoon!
8. Paninis and sweet potato chips.
9. Catching up on Grey's Anatomy episodes.
10. Feeling at peace.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the Life Is Good stuff... I totally enjoy walking around that store in the Mall and in Stillwater... We need to have a serious Grey's discussion...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin