Monday, March 23, 2009

Thanks

Dear Mom and Dad,

Today is a day that you will be thinking of Colorado, a beautiful spring day, the Rocky Mountains, each other, and the day your life changed forever. Today is the day I was born. And while, yes, we will celebrate me - I want you to know that I am celebrating you, too.

You gave me the gift of life. The gift of love. The gift of family and home. You helped me to understand the joy of helping others and looking beyond myself. You helped me learn to take risks and make my dreams come true. You taught me to like who I am and feel proud of my gifts and talents - and to use them in ways that benefit others. You taught me the importance of working hard, being responsible, and having fun. You taught me to have faith, to see the cup as half full, and to look forward to surprises in life. You taught me to cry and cling to those I love in times of sadness, and to laugh and hug in times of joy. You've been examples of friendship, of neighbors, of caretakers to your parents, of people who live out your beliefs. You've demonstrated heartache, forgiveness, tough love, and tenderness. You've always been there.

I love you both.
Megan (Boo, #1)

Things I am thankful for today:
1. Life.
2. Love.
3. Laughter.
4. Friends.
5. Family.
6. Birthday dinners! (Steak on the grill, mashed potatoes, asparagus, ciabatta bread, wine. Yum! - Made by my hubby, the wonderful cook!)
7. Candles in brownies (with raspberries, ice cream, hot fudge, and whipped cream - also made by my oh-so-wonderful cook of a hubby!).
8. Cards.
9. Wishes.
10. A life to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Mom said...

WOW!!! Thanks Megan--You sure have made me cry alot lately--oh--happy tears!!!! I love you!!!

Unknown said...

Okay you stuck in a birthday ...what day? Did you mention it at book group? Now that I am thinking about it you did! Happy belated Belated Birthday!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin