Sunday, February 22, 2009

Twinkle

"Shouldn't Christians be known by the fire in their souls, the wild-eyed gratitude in their faces, the twinkle in their eyes, and a holy mischief in their demeanor?... Shouldn't those who call themselves Christians be filled with awe, astonishment, and amazement?
"Let's find the world of dangerous wonder. It's a real place, you know. It is the place where both children and grownups can find God, located just beyond where the sidewalk ends."
-- Michael Yaconelli, from the book Dangerous Wonder

I'm revisiting an old favorite with the book Dangerous Wonder. It invites you to recapture the joy of being a child and apply it to your relationship with God. I think sometimes we get caught up in our faith lives - and they become a serious struggle... This book reminds you of the joy and freedom and adventure that comes with the journey! (Ha ha ha - it's Sunday... I got God on my mind! Worship this morning was a little more "serious" than usual... But I got to end my morning with my confirmands - what a great job! I get to talk about the joy and freedom of God's grace with giggly, funny, smart, and curious 8th graders!)

Just a reminder - God is good! All the time!
Megs

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Gummy worms and the childrens' sermon!
2. "You've missed your calling. Go back to school and get that divinity degree, already!" LOL Thanks, John.
3. Good 'ol hymns at worship.
4. Joe is doing well in college - and has matured in so many ways!
5. Rebecca's happiness at her 3 month anniversary. :)
6. The #1 prayer request in confirmation today: That the stimulus package works. LOL
7. Steak for dinner!
8. The Oscars are on tonight.
9. The 100th anniversary of the pipe organ at St. Paul's Church - concert tonight.
10. The hubby got our scanner to work - old pictures soon to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with "John"---go back to school!!!!(one class at a time!) :)

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Hello :) I just had to say hello! I saw that you live in Woodbury, MN. My husband Ben went to Central Seminary in the twin cities so we lived up there for 5 years. My aunt and uncle live in Woodbury right now :) Nice to "meet" you...love your list!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin