"For faith to be alive and to deepen we need to use our power to inquire, to wonder, to explore our experience to see what is true for ourselves. This requires us to approach life with an inquisitive, eager, self-confident capacity to probe and question. It requires us to examine where we place our faith, and why, to see if it makes us more aware and loving people. To develop a verified faith we need to open to the messiness, the discordance, the ambivalence, and, above all, the vital life-force of questioning. If we don’t, our faith can wither. If we don’t, our faith will always remain in the hands of someone else, as something we borrow or abjure, but not as something we can claim fully as our own."
--Sharon Salzberg, from "Faith"
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Church - and all the people there.
2. My Confirmands - surprise me and make me laugh!
3. Emmy and her family doing well!
4. "The Amazing Race" premiere!
5. Leftovers - lunch and dessert!
6. A trip to Trader Joe's - all kinds of new things to try.
7. The hubby has tomorrow off of work.
8. The dog snoring.
9. Sister-in-law's good Valentines and birthday with a GOOD boyfriend!
10. A beautiful sunset.
Thank You, Presley! by The Pioneer Woman
4 hours ago