Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

A crazy day to be sure! It started out with church - I was preaching today and leading worship with two of my confirmand boys. Things always go a little haywire when the Pastor is gone - but it makes worship fun and energetic. The boys even had the congregation doing "the wave" in honor of the big football game! Gotta love a congregation that isn't afraid to have a little fun during worship!

After the service, the hubby and I went to visit baby Emmy and her parents at the hospital. She was no longer sedated - just sleeping, and when she awoke they took out the breathing tube! The latest reports seem to be positive - though uncomfortable right now, Emmy seems to be heading in a healing direction at this point! Praise God!

After the excitement of the morning, I needed a nap. :) Being an introvert by nature makes working in a church - and Sunday mornings, especially - exhausting! Pretty much every Sunday I need a little nap when I get home... It seems silly, I know, but it makes ALL the difference! The nice thing is, when I woke up, we went for a wonderful 3 mile walk outside! It was a beautiful day - in the 30s, sunny, snow was melting, and the dog was more than happy to jump through puddles and chase birds! So nice...

Oh! And yes, the Super Bowl! We went to my parents' house tonight for clam chowder, munchies and brownies while we watched the commercials. Err... I mean, the game. Ha ha ha - my younger sister actually told my mom to stop talking during the commercials! I was rooting for the Cardinals, the underdogs, but I was outnumbered. The Steelers took the game in the last couple of minutes... My sister in Pittsburgh should be happy! (They live very close to the Steelers' coach - and my brother-in-law loves to drive you by the house if you ever visit!)

All in all - a good day.

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Fun worship with a great congregation!


2. Leadership from my 7th grade confirmands - they did great their first time around!
3. My parents coming to worship with us.
4. Baby Emmy doing better!
5. A refreshing - and much needed - nap.
6. A gorgeous day for a walk - and that I didn't fall on the ice!
7. Dad's clam chowder - yum!
8. My younger sister rooting for the Steelers, based on politics... Oh dear! LOL
9. Loved the "Forever Young" Pepsi commercial - and I don't even drink pop!
10. Feeling content.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I told Lydia the same thing...that she could only talk during the game! hahah... she thought that was a hoot! The Pepsi one was my favorite too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin