Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Discovering Self

"How do we tap into our spiritual energy source more often? How do we access the flow of life more frequently? How do we learn to live at full throttle?

"Meditation [or prayer] helps. So do long walks, soaks in scented bubble baths... smiling at everyone we meet, being more gentle with ourselves, watching a sunrise or sunset, petting an animal, playing with a child, having some small pleasure to look forward to everyday, being grateful.

"But above all, being open to change... Welcoming it. 'Watch. Wait. Time will unfold and fulfill its purpose,' Marianne Williamson advises. 'While we wait, we must not go unconcious. We must think and grow. Rejoice and dream, but kneel and pray. There is holiness in the air today; we are giving birth to goddesses. They are who we are, for they are us: friends, therapists, artists, businesswomen, teachers, healers, mothers. Start laughing, girls. We have a new calling.'"
-- A Simple Abundance

Honestly, today I included this quote - because I feel like I'm actually doing some of it! Prayer, walks, bubble baths, smiling (and laughing), being gentle, seeing sunsets, spending time with the dog, playing with kids, looking forward to each day, being - and saying that I am - grateful. Being open to change - and excited to see what it brings. I continue to read, and spend time and conversation with those I love and respect - I continue to learn and grow. I feel more joyful about life than I think I ever have before. Even on crummy days (like today - I have a migraine) - it just seems like life is such a gift... There's no room for complaining. There is holiness in each day, in each person, in each calling.

So, here's to crummy days! And the blessings that even those days bring!
Megs

Things I am thankful for:

1. Emmy continues to do better!
2. My office is finally getting put back together (after the "great flood of '09")
3. A new power adapter for my computer - now I'll always have a back-up!
4. Gouda cheese! Mmm...
5. Celebrity crushes. (More than a few friends have been known to drool over Jason Mraz... Some even refer to him as their "boyfriend..." Oh dear...)

6. "Date night" on Thursday!
7. Valentines Day is planned. :)
8. Carol's comment about me not being at Book Group tonight because of a migraine - "I hear botox cures migraines - quick, give yourself a shot!" LOL Carol, it hurts to laugh right now!
9. Advil.
10. My new rain jacket is ordered! Ok - Ireland, I'm ready for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I missed this post the first time around. But the photo pulled me in.
Love you,
-Mrs. Mraz

Blog Widget by LinkWithin