Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Grrr...ace.

Ahhh... A frustrating day. My computer decided to disconnect from the internet on its own yesterday - and since then, our home computer and three computers at my church office have also decided to disconnect... I think I'm cursed. I'm typing now on (I think) borrowed time.

I found this poem about Grace in our days... I think I need it today!

"Oh, God, give me grace for this day.
Not for a lifetime, or for next week, nor
for tomorrow, just for this day.
Direct my thoughts and bless them,
Direct my work and bless it.
Direct the things I say, and give them blessing, too.
Direct and bless everything that I think and speak
and do. So that for this one day, just this one
day, I have the gift of grace that comes from
your presence..."
-- Marjorie Holmes, "Just for Today"

Things I'm thankful for today:

1. Pastor Penny is back!
2. A few minutes connected to the internet.
3. Book group tonight - a field trip to a quilt show and out to coffee!
(The Dakota County Star Quilters!)
(One of my favorites of Carol's quilts!)
(Another favorite of Carol's - her "United Methodist Quilt" - complete with John Wesley quote!)(The ladies - such a fun and interesting group! I'm blessed to be able to call them friends!)

4. String cheese.
5. Shared concerns.
6. Journaling.
7. Open minds and hearts.
8. Angel perfume.
9. Birthday lunches.
10. Windless nights.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that prayer...how fitting... Last night was fun... and your mother is a delight!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I found your blog, Megan. It is inspirational and fun at the same time. It looks and sounds just like you. I will be adding your blog to the blogs I read regularly!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin