Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Divine Discontent

"Grace strikes us when we are in great pain and restlessness... Sometimes at that moment a wave of light breaks into our darkness, and it is as though a voice were saying, 'You are accepted.'"
-- Paul Johannes Tillich

"Discontent and disorder [are] signs of energy and hope, not of despair."
-- Dame Cicely Veronica Wedgwood

Do you ever have one of those days, where you just feel restless? It's weird. I'm totally content with my life in general... But there are areas where I just feel like I could be doing so much more! I'm restless, I'm discontented, I'm impatient. And I thought this was feeling discouraged and hopeless. Then I found these quotes in my daily reading.

Aha! A light in the darkness... Energy... Hope... I think I'm going to start channeling the restless energy into the new ideas and action! Onward, and upward - right?!

Here's to Wednesdays - and to renewed energy!
Megs

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Oversleeping. Yes, I needed it.
2. A good staff meeting.
3. Marsha - dealing with cancer with a sense of humor.
4. Pastor Rod seems excited about his new appointment.
5. "Girl talk" with Mom.
6. Valentine's day is coming up!
7. Dawn's passion for everyone's geneology.
8. White wine and LOST - gotta love it!
9. Bailey's burps. LOL (She woke me up this morning, nose to nose, and a loud burp in the face... Yes, my dog has class!)
10. Adele's song "Chasing Pavement."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have read a version of that quote before...I need to try and remember it when I get to feeling those discontent feelings...it makes sense to do something "for the good" with it! A good "aha" moment

Melissa Kaye said...

Emmy's middle name is Grace and I am always amazed at how appropriate it seems whenever I read quotes or verses about Grace. Love your quotes today....they are SO true!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin