Do you ever have one of those days where something just smacks you upside the head and you just can't shake it?! I'm having one of those days...
In a conversation with a friend today, they asked me if what I read in a recent book was something I believed. I said, "yes." The friend went on to tell me that they found that shocking and unsettling. They believed the book to be heretical and disturbing... and scripturally naive.
I found the book to be liberating and grounded in grace - loving a message of God being too big for us ever to shove into a box or formula... But instead, to live in God's grace, in relationship with God, and to share that grace with those around us.
I've never believed in the judgement of God. Or maybe I just simply choose to live in grace and love, and leave the judging up to God... Either way, I'm ok with seeing my faith and spirituality as between God and I, as a mystery, and as a journey. I don't pretend to have all the answers - and I certainly would never tell someone else that their journey was wrong.
Ugh. Now that THAT is off my chest... I must finish my next heretical book and get ready for book group...
May God meet you where you are at and fill you with grace and love today!
Things I am thankful for today:
1. Notes from my hubby.
2. Ready-made lunches and dinners to take to work.
3. Diane had a good weekend, afterall!
4. Carissa got her driver's permit! Watch out world!
5. A fun game on Facebook where people write their memories of you - so interesting and silly to see what people write.
6. My sister, Emily's, husband was offered a job in Alaska!
7. Talking to my dear friend, Amanda, on the phone today - finally!
8. Going for a walk when I got home tonight, even when I didn't feel like it.
9. Book group. Love them.
10. Lightening storms in the distance - beautiful.