Monday, July 13, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook - July 13th Edition

For Today...

Outside my window... blue sky and sunny. AND my goldfinches are making a nest in my little maple tree!
I am thinking... it's so nice to have a quiet day to myself. I needed it.
I am thankful... for a good night's sleep! I finally slept a full 8 hours! Woo-hoo!
From the kitchen... chicken and black bean enchiladas tonight! Yum.
I am wearing... my pink nightgown and lavender robe. Ha ha ha. Monday morning - I'm at home. And I love it.
I am creating... a plan of attack for the week. I have to work into the evening every night this week... That makes for LONG days!
I am going... to get my haircut today. I think.
I am reading... "If Grace Is True" by Philip Gulley and James Mulholland, "The Geography of Bliss" by Eric Weiner, and I've started "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert.
I am hoping... I make it through the week. We have some fun plans next weekend - I don't want to be too tired, or worse yet, sick!
I am hearing... the neighbor's AC, birds chattering away, the occasional car go by, and my dog barking in her sleep.
One of my favorite things... the amount of time and energy my hubby will put into cooking fantastic smokey ribs on the grill! He loves the process and the outcome! So fun.
A few plans for the rest of the week... meetings, book group, a funeral for my great aunt, Bible Study, coffee with a friend, Open Sanctuary, dinner with friends, a picnic at our Pastor's House, and hopefully a birthday dinner with my dad!
Here is picture thought I am sharing... our yummy dinner from last night - ooey-gooey smokey ribs and Mom's yummy strawberry-rhubarb crisp!
Things I am thankful for today:

1. Waking up to a cool breeze coming in the windows.
2. A clean house.
3. Leftovers from last night's dinner for lunch.
4. A day of catching up on reading.
5. Real Simple magazine subscription - 1 year for $5 on amazon.com!
6. The hubby making dinner.
7. The hubby cleaning bathrooms. Thank you, dear.
8. The dog comforting me through headaches yesterday and today.
9. A good cry.
10. My sweet peas are getting ready to bloom!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am drooling...bbq ribs are my favorite thing in this whole wide world...right up there with strawberry rhubarb crisp....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin