Saturday, July 18, 2009

Dad's Dinner

Today the hubby and I had my parents over to celebrate Dad's birthday - we had a lot of fun with the menu and decorating... Maybe a little overboard for a simple birthday dinner... But it turned out so fun!

Bright, summery flowers!

In pretty little glass jars... On newspaper... Surrounded by little candles...

Even festive "poppers" with a surprise (cheesy) toy AND a party hat inside! Ha ha ha.

For a ribs and corn-on-the-cob dinner - it was a pretty fun set-up!

Ready for a party!

Dad and Mom. So cute.

Ha ha ha. Dad's pretty excited about his tirimisu! Happy birthday, Dad!

Whoa. Bet your glad I didn't put ALL the candles on, huh?!

I had a whistle in my "popper" - we thought it was the perfect accompaniment to the hubby's "Yes, dear" mug. Ha ha ha.
Ahhh... the empty plates of a yummy meal... A fun night!

I love you, Mom and Dad!

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Enjoying a relaxing Saturday morning with the hubby.
2. Coffee.
3. Having fun cooking and decorating with the hubby.
4. A nap on the couch.
5. The little neighbor kids' fascination with our dog. So funny.
6. Speaking of the dog - she got her frisbee back today! So happy!
7. Flowers.
8. The hubby made me a mix CD of my "lounge" music! Yippee!
9. All the thoughtful things my hubby does.
10. Silliness. I like it.

1 comment:

Carol E. said...

What a happy post! Sounds like a blast. Cute decorating!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin