Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday Fave Five - July 3rd

Susanne at Living to Tell the Story invites us each week to share five things we are thankful for in the past week. It's a great opportunity to reflect and appreciate all the little -and big- moments! Here are mine, and feel free to share yours! 1. I actually broke down and bought myself a sewing machine last weekend! I've wanted to learn to sew for awhile now... but thought I would be horrible and inept at it. Well, I've taught myself the basics pretty quick and I'm "sew" excited to do more! (Ha ha ha - I'm becoming a sewing nerd already!)

2. The outdoor worship service at church. We held it in our town square last weekend - to help our congregation think about moving their faith beyond the walls of the church, and to be a little more visible in our neighborhood. It was so fun - and we had some visitors who stopped and joined the service after getting their coffee at the coffee shop! One of those visitors is already planning to come back this Sunday. So cool to see how God moves!

3. Starting full-time at my church! So fun to be in the office more - and get to see all the lovely people that stop in during the week! I already feel so much more a part of everything that's going on. I think I'm going to love this transition!

4. Dad's biopsy was benign! Thank you to all of you who were praying! (Now we can have a fun fourth with his awesome grilling! And... I bought a silly gag gift to give him this weekend... I'll tell you about it next week! hee hee.)

5. Talking with my sister today about her trip to Alaska. It sounded so great - I'm a little jealous... They were there to interview for a job - and now they wait to hear... I hope and pray that whatever they are hoping for will happen! I'm so excited for them! What an adventure!

Give-a-way Winner: Jill!!!! I used Random.org to pick a winner - Jill will be receiving a pretty little magnet this week! Congratulations, Jill!
Things I am thankful for today:

1. Sleeping in - and I mean REALLY sleeping in!
2. Banana pancakes.
3. Coffee.
4. Finally getting lawn chairs!
5. A good workout.
6. The hubby cleaned my car - inside and out. Whatta guy!
7. Going to Hudson, WI for fireworks tonight - small town fun. 8. Fireworks. I love fireworks! 9. Our restaurant, San Pedro. Mmmmm.
10. Our favorite waitress in the whole wide world, Aliza. (Free mojito AND chocolate torte!)

7 comments:

Jill said...

Moi?! Too funny - this is the second random drawing I've won in a month. I must be in a lucky streak. It must have been my Eat Pray Love post - I tell you, that book is magic! I wonder what else will happen. . .

I'd swing by book group on Tuesday, but I have a condo board meeting. Should we find a time for coffee? Happy 4th!

Hazel said...

Great that your dad's biopsy is benign. That's a relief. My cousin is not as lucky, but well, life moves on. Have fun with the sewing! I remember our very old sewing machine at home :-) Have a great week!

Pamela said...

Praise God for #4. Wow, working and living in Alaska - how cool is that (pardon the pun)!

Susanne said...

So glad to hear your dad's biopsy was fine. That must have been such a relief!

The outdoor worship service is such a neat idea!

Happy Sewing on your new machine!

Carol E. said...

Hooray for your dad! Hooray for your journey to becoming a Sewing Nerd!

Mom said...

When I read your first entry about sewing--I thought of Grandma and how she would be laughing about your "sewing" pun!!! She would be thrilled that you are sewing!! Maybe you can teach me!!!

Brenda said...

Sounds like a great week. How nice that you will be full time at your church. And how wonderful to have a husband that cleans your car

Blog Widget by LinkWithin