Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

"Love is a verb."
--Clare Booth Luce

"Love is a verb and, to quote The Beatles, love is all you need.  When we have enough love, we have enough of everything else.  And the commodity of love has its own wonderful rules:  it can't be diminished by giving it away; it provides a high return of investment; it increases exponentially when shared freely.

"When we love, we create.  When we love, we work hard.  When we love, we appreciate.  When we love, we grant freedom.  When we love, we understand.  When we love, we renew that which we love and we rejuvenate ourselves."
--Mina Parker, "Less is More"

A perfect reading for Father's Day, huh? 

Dad you've taught me a lot about love - how to be loved and how to give love!  And guess what? 

I love you!
(Hope you like your lunch box...  Ha ha ha.)

Things I am thankful for today:

1.  Being blessed and dedicated at church this morning as part of a Mission Trip Team.
2.  Getting to help bless a family moving away...  We will miss you guys!
3.  A perfect afternoon to do some reading on the patio.
4.  Starting the book, "Eat Pray Love" again.  And liking it this time!
5.  Going over to my parents' house for the evening.
6.  Kayla, my youngest sister, trying beer - and the facial expressions that ensued!
7.  Chatting with Mom in the kitchen.
8.  Dad liked his lunchbox. 
9.  Kayla snapping lots of funny pictures...  which will hopefully be on here soon!
10.  The hubby got home safe and sound!

1 comment:

Dad said...

I love my school bus lunch box (and have been sending pics of it to my friends)! Fun evening and great dinner - glad you could share the day with me! I love you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin