Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Chosen

"To be born is to be chosen.  No one is here by accident.  Each one of us was sent here for a special destiny...  For millions of years, before you arrived here, the dream of your individuality was carefully prepared.  You were sent to a shape of destiny in which you would be able to express the special gift you bring to the world...  Sometimes this gift may involve suffering and pain that can neither be accounted for nor explained...  It is in the depths of your life that you will discover the invisible necessity that has brought you here."
--John O'Donohue, from "Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom"

Fabulous.

Things I am thankful for today:

1.  The hubby taking my car for an oil change and check up.
2.  Windows that roll down in a car with no air conditioning.  Uffda.
3.  Being told I looked "glamorous" today.  Too funny.
4.  Fun plans for a summer church campout.
5.  Time to read for fun.
6.  New pictures of Elly.  Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!  (If you're in the Twin Cities and need a photographer, check out Katharine Elizabeth Photography.  Here's a link to her blog, with pics of our goddaughter, Elly.  I think she was born to be a model...)
7.  Going out to dinner with the hubby, to our favorite spot.  San Pedro Cafe.
8.  Free key lime pie.  Yum.
9.  Air conditioning on a hot, humid night.
10.  The hubby liking my frizzy wispy curls on a humid day...  I hate these things - but they make him smile.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I like your curls too:)

Anonymous said...

You had FREE key lime pie??? Whaaaa? I'm jealous. Thanks for the sweet comments about Elly. I love that you love her, too! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin