Friday, June 18, 2010

Visit

"One cannot divine or forecast the conditions that will make happiness; one only stumbles upon them by chance, in a lucky hour, at the world's end somewhere, and holds fast to the days, as to fortune and fame."
--Willa Cather

When I started this blog...  I had no idea if anyone would read it, I just figured it would be my way of keeping a journal.  When family and friends started reading it, it became a fun way to keep in touch and let people into the everyday parts of my life....

But I never really expected to meet new people and make new friends...  I kind of stumbled upon that part.

Suddenly a girl from New York was reading my blog.  And I was reading hers.  We started sending each other encouraging notes, and sharing parts of our stories with one another.  Pretty soon, she was making me smile when I felt down, lifting my spirits, and becoming a friend.  Even when I took a break from blogging, I would still get the occasional note - how are you friend?

Everytime I read one of her notes, I'd look at the hubby and say, "If I ever get to meet her... we're going to be good friends!"

She came to visit  last night!  We had a lovely afternoon chatting and laughing.  She got to come experience "Open Sanctuary" at my church, I got to show her around a little bit of the city I live in, we went for pizza, and sat outside enjoying the lovely evening and eating ice cream.  She was everything I hoped she would be and more!

She spent the night at my house, and this morning we had breakfast and probably talked a little too long...  she needed to be on the road for the next part of her weekend adventure...  and I was sad to see her go so soon!

Thanks for coming, Andrea!  It was so fun to have you here - and I can't wait to plan a trip to New York!  I love my gift so much - and can't wait to have you show me the water fountain in Central Park!  (And I'm saving the chocolates for an evening when I need me some "good" chocolate!)

(Oh bummer!  We spent so much time chatting... we never got a picture together!  Next time...)

Things I am thankful for today:

1.  A beautiful sunny morning!
2.  Optimism at work.
3.  Visiting a garage sale in the church neighborhood with my pastor - and sipping lemonade with the kids!
4.  Meeting Andrea at last!
5.  "Faith like potatoes."  What's it mean to you?
6.  Bibelot.  So fun!
7.  Punch Pizza.  Yum!
8.  Grand Ole Creamery - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream.  Double yum.
9.  The bridge that you can see both St. Paul and Minneapolis from...  It never gets old.
10.  My gift.  A photo of the Angel of Bethesda water fountain in Central Park.  Beautiful!
(This is a photo found on google images.  Beautiful, isn't she?)

3 comments:

Carol E. said...

Glad you and A. had fun. I was hoping for a picture!

Unknown said...

I saw that fountain last spring.. I am glad your visit went well...Life is full of surprises!

Andrea, the little collector said...

Oh my! Can I tell you that I was KICKING myself when I realized half-way to St. Cloud that we didn't take a single pic!!! What kind of bloggers are we? Sigh...

In any event, I'm back to the blog and blog reading and pleased as punch to revisit our visit through your post. What a treat! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin