Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Fave Five - November 5th

Goodness.  It seems like I just did last week's FFF yesterday! 

Oh well!  It's that time again (apparently) to look back at the week and find five things you are grateful for or made you smile.  If you'd like to join in, link up at Living to Tell the Story!  Here are mine:

1)  The hubby and I threw our first-ever Cherry Street Halloween Cook-Out for our neighbors on our street.  Uffda.  I was so nervous...  We've lived here 5 years and realized we still didn't know anyone and figured it was about time to do something about that!  We had about 15 people show up - 14 of which had been on the street as long as us and were hoping someone would eventually throw a get-together!  So, it was a success in my mind.  Very nice to finally be able to put names with faces...  And a great way to spend Halloween afternoon!

2.  Apple brats.  We made them for the cook-out - and they were awesome.  I ate the leftovers over the next few days for lunch... and never got sick of them.  That says a lot for someone who usually doesn't eat brats!  Ha ha ha.

3.  Monday night was my 7th anniversary with the hubby - and we had a great date!  We went to a trendy steakhouse in Minneapolis and ate steak and sushi...  Delish!  Our waitress was wonderful - fun and so eager to help us have a great anniversary - she even brought us a free dessert.  Gotta love that.  (And the hubby brought me a dozen roses and a funny little card...  Life is good.)

4.  Culver's pumpkin shakes.  I managed to sneak in 2 this week...  Oops.  I usually have 2 throughout the whole fall season!  Oh well...  They are so good!

5.  A mostly quiet weekend.  No plans today or tonight.  Just chilling at home.  I've got some reading I want to do.  Some chores to get done.  And a dinner to cook with the hubby tonight...  And then?  Just being lazy - I can't wait!

And... things I am thankful for today:

1.  Downtime.
2.  Sleeping in.
3.  Pjs.
4.  Finally starting the book, "Huck."
5.  Listening to a live concert by "Mumford and Sons" with the hubby.
6.  Chocolate wine.  Yum.
7.  Homemade bread.
8.  Adding to my pile for Goodwill.
9.  The hubby lit the pilot light for the fireplace - cozy nights, here we come!
10.  A night at home...

Today I am thankful for Gratitude.  Can you do that?  Is that being silly?  I don't think so.  It means so much to me to take time out of my day to think of things I am thankful for - and say "thanks."  It brightens my outlook on life, makes me pause and remember the little things, and helps me look forward to tomorrow... knowing that there will always be "little things."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog name. Just had to say that first. Your neighborhood get together sounds terrific - definitely a success! Congrats on your anniversary.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin