I wasn't quite ready for it - but it sure has made for a wonderful day! The power was out this morning, so we cuddled up with our irish coffees by the fireplace and took advantage of no tv, no computers, and no radio. We watched the birds at the birdfeeder, played with the dog, talked and laughed. I loved every minute!
(Bailey wasn't to sure about this snow stuff... She came around later in the day!)
Things I'm thankful for today:
1. The 3 hour power outage - reminder of a truly quiet and simple morning.
2. Irish coffees.
3. The quiet beauty of snow.
4. Not needing to go anywhere today.
5. Warm soup for lunch.
6. Plenty of time to work on my sermon for tomorrow.
7. An attempt at a walk - beautiful!
8. Ordering pizza for dinner (that's an unusual occurance in our house!).
9. So many birds at the birdfeeder today!
(I see you, Mr. Cardinal...)