"You must become your own heroine. Most people have lives crowded with incident but without purpose. You must start seeing each day as a blank page waiting to be filled up with amusing anecdotes, profound turning points, provocative choices, and pursuits of passion. The world adores storytellers, but deplores those who refuse to live their own stories."
--Something More, by Sarah Ban Breathnach
Still working on my story... But having fun daydreaming, thinking, studying, and experimenting as I figure it out! Today, I am thankful for Stories - that each of us have one. That each of us have a different one. That we're not required to follow a set trail, or be just like so-and-so... We're meant to find our own unique tale to tell.
Other things I am thankful for today:
1. The freedom to vote!
2. Busy polling stations - seemed like a lot of people came out today.
3. Praying with and for friends.
4. The book, "Same Kind of Different As Me" by Ron Hall and Denver Moore - so good!
5. The hubby giving me the last pumpkin beer.
6. Our anniversary date last night - a dozen roses, a funny card, a fancy restaurant, steak and sushi, and a free dessert! Good times. (I was told, "no pictures, no blogging" - just enjoy the night. Ha ha ha. Ok...)
7. http://www.stumbledupon.org/ - very addicting.
8. Working on a fun surprise for our congregation...
9. The Avett Brothers band.
10. Mumford and Sons band.
corn chowder with chile, lime and cotija
15 hours ago