Friday, November 19, 2010
Friday Fave Five - November 19th
Five blessings from my last week? Here they are:
1) A snowy day at home on Saturday. We woke up late, had no power for 3 hours, and the snow fell... and fell... and fell... So we curled up on the couch by the fireplace. Made some Irish coffees. And cuddled up with the blankets. I have to admit - I LOVED this morning!
2) The hubby and I went to see Donald Miller speak at a local church Sunday Night. It was so great to hear him speak again (even if it was a short talk) so soon after going to the 'Storyline" Conference in Portland. I think his idea of taking our lives, thinking of them as a story, and deciding what we want our story to be - in light of our faith - is such a wonderful way to look at things!
3) "Give to the Max" Day in Minnesota. I love that our whole state jumps in and supports all the local charities on one day! They have a website (http://www.givemn.org/) that lists hundreds of different organizations that you can go to and give donations. It's so cool to be able to do some of your charitable giving in such an easy way!
4) Our favorite radio station, Cities97, had their annual Sampler CD sale on Thursday. It's a very limited sale of a CD that is comprised of live, studio performances of may of their most popular artists - performances that you can't get anywhere else. 100% of the money goes to local charities. And it's a crazy morning! The hubby and I were in line outside our Target store at 6:30am, warm clothes layered on, hot coffee in hand! At 8am the doors opened, by 8:26am they were sold out at our location! Crazy. But so worth it!
5) Last night we got in the car to drive to Milwaukee for a funeral today. The hubby's uncle and godfather died this week. It wasn't totally unexpected - he's been in poor health for a long time - but it seemed sudden to us, since we live so far away. I have to admit, it's been a wonderful weekend with Hubby's family. There were lots of stories told, lots of laughter, and no work... Isn't it funny how sometimes a funeral can bring out the best in people?
If you'd like to join in sharing your top five things of the week, join Susanne at Living to Tell the Story!