"It may take even more work, and will certainly take more courage, to be an optimist. Optimism so often runs counter to our intellectual assessment of things, what we think of as the truth. Only an optimist can see beyond the facts and figures, see with an inner being that is smarter than the brain. Only an optimist can make the leap of faith that it takes to chart a new course, make a new discovery, change the world in a way that no one has ever imagined."
--Mina Parker, "Less is More"
Today is "Give to the Max" Day in Minnesota (also known as the Great Minnesota Give Together)! If there was ever an act of eternal optimism - it's encouraging a whole state to give their money to the charities that make a difference in their lives and the lives of others! So cool.
If you'd like to donate, you can go to givemn.org to search out your favorite charities. As of 1:09pm, over 3.5 million dollars has been raised! Whoa!
I plan to go over and see what I can do for Neighbors, Inc; Feed My Starving Children; and Union Gospel Mission.
Have a great day - and see if there's just a little something you can do to make the world a better place...
Things I am thankful for today:
1. A quiet, cloudy day - especially since I'm home with a migraine.
3. Eye masks.
4. All the amazing charities that make a difference in the world... It's hard to narrow down and decide which ones I can support!
5. Books that inspire.
6. Pj pants.
7. Book group tonight - if my head feels better...
8. Dimmer switches for the computer screen...
9. Aveda tea.
10. No loud noises coming from the newly built house across the street! (hammers, drills, tractors, etc.)
How to Naturally Dye Easter Eggs by Bridget
17 hours ago