"The blueprints of your House of Belonging exist as spiritual energy and hover over your head, ready, when you are, to be pulled down from Heaven to shelter your soul on Earth. Each day, as Emily Dickinson says, you 'dwell in possibility.' You must believe this because it's true.
"The House of Belonging is an ancient Celtic metaphor for the human body as the earthly home for the soul; it is also used to describe the deep peace and feeling of safety, joy, and contentment found in intimate soul friend relationships. This beautiful expression of connection is poetically explored in John O'Donohue's 'Anam Cara.' 'When you learn to love and to let your self be loved, you come home to the hearth of your own spirit. You are warm and sheltered. You are completely at one in the house of your own longing and belonging.
"Building the House of Belonging is the soul's commitment to living a passionate life; your Authentic Self is the architect... The timbers with which you build the House of Belonging are your choices; courage is the foundation stone; patience, perserverance, and permission are your bricks; faith is the mortar."
--Sarah Ban Breathnach, "Something More"
Things I am thankful for today:
1. A good planning meeting.
2. A surprise lunch - "gazpacho" with my pastor - yummy!
3. More yummy tomatoes - thanks, Pat!
4. Making one of my favorite summer meals - "funky spaghetti" with the fresh cherry tomatoes!
5. The hubby telling me that my homemade french bread is awesome.
6. The dog's need to cuddle tonight.
7. The hubby's sympathy during a migraine.
8. "America's Got Talent" - fun stuff tonight!
9. An eye mask. So helpful.
10. Essential oils - especially lavender/eucalyptus. Perfect for a headache!
Thank You, Presley! by The Pioneer Woman
4 hours ago