Monday, December 29, 2008

Who Woulda Thunk?!

So... this morning, after not working out for many days over the holiday break... I got on the elliptical. I lifted weights. I did push-ups... And it felt really good! I didn't realize how much I have come to enjoy the feeling of my heart pounding, sweat rolling down the face and back, and noticing the "burn" in my arms and legs! I felt like a "real" person again - not a sloth! That is a breakthrough like no other!

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Health and the ability to exercise... and like it!
2. Sleeping in and cuddling with the pooch.
3. A clean house - now we can eagerly await our guests!
4. Sunshine! It somehow makes a Minnesota day seem warmer... even when it's not...
5. An unexpected visit with Dad!
6. Nice notes from friends.
7. Bubblebaths.
8. Anticipating a fun Book group party tomorrow night!
9. Jason Mraz music to work-out to - love him.
10. Chocolate-covered orange sticks from Trader Joe's. (I'm weaning myself off the holiday sweets...) Mmmm...

What are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

Carol E. said...

I'm thankful for my hubby, my children, Christmas, good food, and quilts!

Unknown said...

Today I am thankful for

1. being a teacher and having awesome breaks
2. being a teacher and having awesome breaks
3. being a teacher and having awesome breaks
4. Well you get my drift...

Anonymous said...

1. Being able to have a great time in Florida with my family and husband's family.
2. Everyone was healthy!
3. We got errands done in Florida for the condo.
4. My daughter gave me a wonderful card full of what she is thankful for and alot of it was our relationship. Hand made and heart felt gifts are great!
5. My cousin made time for me while in Florida.
6. We saw dolphins while canoeing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin